Friday 16 December 2011

Follow Friday, Dec. 16, 2011

It's another edition of Follow Friday, as hosted by Parajunkee.com and http://www.alisoncanread.com. This week their featured blogs are Books Are Vital and Once Upon a Time. Be sure to hop over to these fine blogs and take a look.

Today's question is: When you've read a book, what do you do with it? (Keep it, give it away, donate it, sell it, swap it...?)

Oh boy, if you could see my house, you'd know I've kept pretty much every book I've ever brought home since high school. That, folks, is a lot of books. There have been days I've looked at the stacks of bestsellers and thought, you know, if you could soak those fat paperbacks in something like resin that would make them hard and water-resistant, you could build a really, really big house with them.

I've started to cut down though, more through necessity than choice, giving away bag after bag to library book sales, the Goodwill, neighbours.... There is a core collection, though, that will always be with me. A selection (okay, a BIG selection) that I treasure along with my vinyl LPs as my most valued possessions. Now, if only I can find that one in particular I've been hunting for over the past week.....!

Don't forget, loves! Today is Free Shipping Day in the USA and it's your chance to add BLOOD PASSAGE to your own collection by following this LINK to Barnes and Noble and placing your order today, just in time for Christmas!

10 comments:

  1. Great blog! I'm a new follower, and I love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen, thanks for following. I just went to your blog and followed back. It looks great! Thanks for the kind words and hope you enjoy The Overnight Bestseller! m

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you and the space issue. If I had my way there would be books lining every wall of my house.

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I'm sure my house will look like that too! But I'm excited for it :) Great answer and happy Friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah and Jessica, thanks for looking in! I wish I had more walls in my house because then I'd have more bookshelf space. Isn't that what walls are for? m

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep books I love for a long time too. Some of them are from elementary school!

    Here is my Follow Friday post

    New follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel, thanks very much for following. I'm a new follower at your blog, too! m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for coming over, Michael. This is Melannie from Books Are Vital :D

    I bet your house looks amazing with all those books on display! my mom makes my dad and me hide our books in our bedroooms and closets, she doesn't like books on display, she likes pictures :/

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like to keep all of my books. It's hard to part with them! I would like to have the strength to donate one day! We will see! New Follower!

    My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melannie! So glad you found your way over to The Overnight Bestseller! I guess I understand where your Mom's coming from, because pictures are also nice. I tell you, all my closets are full of books too!!!

    Tia, you are so right that it's very hard to part with books. Thanks so much for following. I'm going to hustle right over to your blog now and follow back.

    Happy Friday! m

    ReplyDelete